Examples of where Osbourne helps him is as followed:
"You only call me 'sir' in front of the men"
This shows Raleigh's ignorance of what to call men and it seems that Osborne is being friendly to help settle him in.
"Can we write often?"
"Oh yes, letters are collected everyday"
Here Osbourne informs Raleigh about letters after he talks about how his sister and Stanhope were together.
When Raleigh gets up to get his blanket (ill-informed of the rule of undressing on the front line) after Osbourne says "Have you got a blanket?" he replies and says "Yes, in my pack.[he rises up to get it]" but Osborne corrects him "Better wait and unpack when you know where you are sleeping".
When Raleigh is unsure of what to call Stanhope "RALEIGH: I say, I suppose I ought to call him Captain Stanhope?" Osbourne quickly corrects him "Just 'Stanhope"
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment